THESIS 1.3 - Organizations and Partnerships
Assignment 3: Please list 5 NYC based organizations or groups that you have access to or are interested in approaching to work with for your thesis.
1. Day One - Day One partners with youth to end dating abuse and domestic violence through community education, supportive services, legal advocacy and leadership development. I am part of Day One's Youth Voices Network (YVN) a network of survivors that do advocacy initiatives throughout the city. There is potential for YVN to become a space for co-design.
2. The Tia Clinic- The Tia Clinic is a new women's wellness clinic. I go there for gynecology as well as acupuncture and attended a healing from sexual trauma event there. It was the first event of it's kind there and they mentioned wanting to see what it would look like to continue the group. I think they may be open to co-designing this group/space/initiative with survivors. I also think it would be interesting for people to consider working through trauma as part of whole woman wellness and what it would look like for a place where women go yearly (the gynecologist) to address it in some way.
3. HealHaus- HealHaus is an inclusive space focused on holistic health and wellness. Their mission says they are committed to building a community that is dedicated to changing the stigma attached to healing. I have not been there yet but I see their events all the time and it seems like a cool place that is focused on healing.
4. Spoken Black Girl- Spoken Black Girl Publishing (Previously Spoken Black Girl Magazine) is a platform that focuses on mental health and wellness specifically for women of color. They hold writing workshops focused on healing in addition to their platform. I have attended one of the writing events before and it was nice to be around other women of color who shared my experience. I am still in touch with the woman in charge.
5. SoWisdom Center is run by my friend and mentor. She does events, workshops and community classes centered around empowerment self care and healing. I have attended her art therapy class and also her women's events.